In this episode we discuss the best articles of 2011 and also request listener questions for our new “stump the toxicologist segment”. Contributors include Matt Zuckerman, Stephanie Weiss, Christina Hernon, Ed Boyer, and Rich Church
Articles discussed in this segment include:
- Stephanie’s Snake Bite Article (Subst Abus. 2011 Jan;32(1):43-6.)
- Matt’s AHA Snake Bite Controversy (Clin Toxicol. 2011 Dec;49(10):883-5.)
- Christina’s Overdose Articles (MMWR. 2012 Jan 13;61:10-3. and MMWR. 2011 Nov 4;60:1487-92.)
- Rich’s Articles (J Med Toxicol. 2011 Sep;7(3):205-12. and J Med Toxicol. 2011 Sep;7(3):240-2. )
Signup for New Episodes!
- ToxNow is made possible by generous support from the AACT.
- @ON_Poison @acmt @UMassTox @PeterRchai @ToxCCM agreed, fun time with #firesidetox 6 months ago
- RT @heshiegreshie: .@ToxNow .@MichelleRuha Isn’t chelation the HBO of toxicology? Oh, wait. . . .#firesidetox 6 months ago
- .@heshiegreshie That's my retirement right there. Come on down to @ToxNow for chelation, hyperbarics, supplement shop 6 months ago
- Hard to justify whether lost IQ points are "significant" when it's your kid https://t.co/Je5fAfaEp2 #firesidetox 6 months ago
Tagsalcohol Amphetamine Anticholinergic Arsenic articles Bathsalts dabigatran Delerium Delirium education Erowid Halloween hyperalgesia international Juice ketamine KGB Las Vegas Lead libya lipidrescue marijuana metamizole methanol morphine NACCT naloxone opiates organophosphates pain performance pesticides photos poison mail prohibition psychoactive reference research ricin sports Supplement terrorism testing Tetrodo Toxin ToxPearl