In this episode we have the first half of our interview with Guy Weinberg where we talk about the history and development of lipid rescue. Contributors include Matthew Zuckerman and Guy Weinberg. More info at LipidRescue.org
- Weinberg GL, VadeBoncouer T, Ramaraju GA, Garcia-Amaro MF, Cwik MJ. Pretreatment or resuscitation with a lipid infusion shifts the dose-response to bupivacaine-induced asystole in rats. Anesthesiology. 1998 Apr;88(4):1071-5.
- Rosenblatt MA, Abel M, Fischer GW, Itzkovich CJ, Eisenkraft JB. Successful use of a 20% lipid emulsion to resuscitate a patient after a presumed
bupivacaine-related cardiac arrest. Anesthesiology. 2006 Jul;105(1):217-8.
- Sirianni AJ, Osterhoudt KC, Calello DP, Muller AA, Waterhouse MR, Goodkin MB, Weinberg GL, Henretig FM. Use of lipid emulsion in the resuscitation of a patient
with prolonged cardiovascular collapse after overdose of bupropion and lamotrigine. Ann Emerg Med. 2008 Apr;51(4):412-5.
- Fettiplace MR, Lis K, Ripper R, Kowal K, Pichurko A, Vitello D, Rubinstein I, Schwartz D, Akpa BS, Weinberg G. Multi-modal contributions to detoxification of
acute pharmacotoxicity by a triglyceride micro-emulsion. J Control Release. 2015 Jan 28;198:62-70.
Signup for New Episodes!
- ToxNow is made possible by generous support from the AACT.
Tagsalcohol Amphetamine Anticholinergic Arsenic articles Bathsalts dabigatran Delerium Delirium education Erowid Halloween hyperalgesia international Juice ketamine KGB Las Vegas Lead libya lipidrescue marijuana metamizole methanol morphine NACCT naloxone opiates organophosphates pain performance pesticides photos poison mail prohibition psychoactive reference research ricin sports Supplement terrorism testing Tetrodo Toxin ToxPearl