In this episode we talk to Ed Boyer about Kratom, pharmacology, legal status, and discuss recent reports of adverse effects.
- Boyer et al Self-treatment of opioid withdrawal using kratom (Mitragynia speciosa korth)
- FDA response to Kratom
- Bradford Hill Criteria
Take Home Points:
- Kratom is an opioid agonist
- Patients should not mix Kratom with other substances
- Patients at risk of seizures should not use Kratom
- Kratom will not show up on a typical urine drug screen
Signup for New Episodes!
- ToxNow is made possible by generous support from the AACT.
Tagsacetylfentanyl alcohol alcohol withdrawal Amphetamine Anticholinergic Arsenic articles Bathsalts dabigatran Delerium Delirium education Erowid Halloween history hyperalgesia international Juice ketamine Las Vegas Lead libya lipidrescue marijuana metamizole methanol morphine NACCT naloxone opiates organophosphates pain pediatric performance pesticides photos psychoactive reference research sports Supplement terrorism testing Tetrodo Toxin ToxPearl