In this episode we talk to Eric Brush about hyperalgesia, when opiate use leads to increased pain. We’ll also talk to Steve Bird about some strategies to use when treating acute pain in patients who chronically use opiates. A must listen for anyone who sees patients on chronic opioids, treats pain in patients with chronic pain, or knows someone who does. A link to Dr. Brush’s article can be found here and the review of Ketamine as an adjuvant can be found here.
Signup for New Episodes!
- ToxNow is made possible by generous support from the AACT.
- @ON_Poison @acmt @UMassTox @PeterRchai @ToxCCM agreed, fun time with #firesidetox 4 months ago
- RT @heshiegreshie: .@ToxNow .@MichelleRuha Isn’t chelation the HBO of toxicology? Oh, wait. . . .#firesidetox 4 months ago
- .@heshiegreshie That's my retirement right there. Come on down to @ToxNow for chelation, hyperbarics, supplement shop 4 months ago
- Hard to justify whether lost IQ points are "significant" when it's your kid https://t.co/Je5fAfaEp2 #firesidetox 4 months ago
Tagsalcohol alcohol withdrawal Amphetamine Anticholinergic Arsenic articles Bathsalts benzodiazepine dabigatran Delerium Delirium dexmedetomidine education Erowid Halloween hyperalgesia international Juice ketamine KGB Las Vegas Lead libya lipidrescue marijuana metamizole methanol morphine NACCT naloxone opiates organophosphates pain pesticides photos poison mail prohibition psychoactive reference research ricin Supplement terrorism Tetrodo Toxin ToxPearl