In this episode we talk to Tom Nappe from RMPDC and Brennen Griffin from our ED. We’re talking about a depressed farmer with awake seizures. We’ll also talk about an underutilized alternative to lidocaine for patients with a severe allergy. Checkout the article we mention here and the blogpost on the lidocaine […]
In this episode we talk to Brett Marlin, Tom Nappe, & Chris Hoyte about NACCT 2015. Later we talk to Rebecca Hartman about her research on how marijuana affects driving skills. Checkout the article here. Hosted by Matthew Zuckerman. Support from AACT.
In this episode we talk to Jason Hack about an index to quantify alcohol impairment. We also discuss a change in name and direction at the podcast. Checkout the H Index article. Additionally, download your own starter pack to try out the HII score. Contributors include Matthew Zuckerman and Jason […]
In this episode we have the second half of our interview with Guy Weinburg and Michael Fettiplace about developments in lipid rescue, more than just a “lipid sink”. Contributors include Matthew Zuckeman, Michael Fettiplace, and Guy Weinburg. More info at LipidRescue.org
In this episode we have the first half of our interview with Guy Weinberg where we talk about the history and development of lipid rescue. Contributors include Matthew Zuckerman and Guy Weinberg. More info at LipidRescue.org
In this episode we talk about the spectrum of mushroom poisoning from Amanita to magic mushrooms. Contributors include Matthew Zuckerman and the UMass Toxicology team Kavita Babu, Katie Boyle, Lynn Farrugia, Stephanie Carreiro, Peter Chai, and Viral Patel along with Mark Neavyn. Mushroom pictures are available here.
Signup for New Episodes!
- ToxNow is made possible by generous support from the AACT.
- @ON_Poison @acmt @UMassTox @PeterRchai @ToxCCM agreed, fun time with #firesidetox 5 months ago
- RT @heshiegreshie: .@ToxNow .@MichelleRuha Isn’t chelation the HBO of toxicology? Oh, wait. . . .#firesidetox 5 months ago
- .@heshiegreshie That's my retirement right there. Come on down to @ToxNow for chelation, hyperbarics, supplement shop 5 months ago
- Hard to justify whether lost IQ points are "significant" when it's your kid https://t.co/Je5fAfaEp2 #firesidetox 5 months ago
Tagsalcohol Amphetamine Anticholinergic Arsenic articles Bathsalts dabigatran Delerium Delirium education Erowid Halloween hyperalgesia international Juice ketamine KGB Las Vegas Lead libya lipidrescue marijuana metamizole methanol morphine NACCT naloxone opiates organophosphates pain performance pesticides photos poison mail prohibition psychoactive reference research ricin sports Supplement terrorism testing Tetrodo Toxin ToxPearl